Get the Best Concrete Foundation Cost with Masonry Chicago
Get the Best Concrete Foundation Cost in 2022 by Choosing Masonry Chicago
Building a concrete foundation is an important part of building a new house or commercial building. When built correctly your concrete foundation will last for up to 100 years, ensuring you a long and safe stay in your new building. Depending on the location of your property and the type of building you are constructing you may need a particular type of foundation, and the costs will vary, ranging from $5 to $33 per square foot.
When you are looking for an accurate concrete foundation cost calculator in Chicago, talk to the team at Masonry Chicago, who will give you the best price for a solid foundation. Talk to us today by calling 773-231-5371 or emailing [email protected]
How do I estimate the cost of a foundation?
There are several elements that go into pricing up the cost of foundation work and these include:
- The size of the building — the larger, and taller the building the deeper the foundation will need to be.
- The type of building — a house foundation cost per square foot will be different from a shed or garage foundation cost, based on the use of the structure and the weight it will need to carry.
- The frost line — if you live in an area with a deep frost line you might want to consider a basement foundation, which gives you extra living space but is more expensive than a slab foundation cost.
- Local labor costs and material costs — labor and material costs vary by region and whether you are in a rural or urban area.
- The type of foundation you choose — the cost per square foot of a foundation depends on whether you have a standard concrete slab, a crawl space, a basement, or a pier and beam foundation.
- The soil composition — the type of soil on your plot will play a role in the type and depth of foundation you require.
- Water table and flooding risk — for building in flood-prone areas your foundation cost range may be higher as you will probably need a deep foundation.
- Building regulations — local building codes will impact the type of foundation you need and can vary from city to city.
As you can see many elements go into pricing up a foundation, so in order to get an accurate house foundation cost calculator, you should speak to professional local concrete contractors. If you are in Chicago, contact Masonry Chicago, a company with over 20 years of expertise in concrete foundation construction and all the local knowledge you require. Get a valuable advice from the expert home builders now! Dial 773-231-5371
Family-Owned Company. 20 Years of Masonry Expertise
Basement and Foundation Repairs
How much does it cost to lay a foundation?
The average total cost of a foundation will vary by the type of foundation, so here we break down the average cost per square foot for the most common types of foundations.
Concrete slab or monolithic concrete slab
The most common or average concrete foundation is a concert slab foundation which is also called a slab-on-grade foundation. The term monolithic foundation refers to the fact that it’s poured all at once, creating a level concrete slab on which to build the rest of your structure. As well as being the most common foundation type these are usually the cheapest to install. However, they have the downside that the plumbing gets installed into the slab which can make future plumbing repairs more complex.
Concrete slabs costs
- Average cost per square foot: $5
- Average cost for full slab foundations: $4,600 – $20,000
Stem wall concrete slab
Another type of concrete slab foundation is a stem wall foundation, which is generally considered to be more stable than a standard monolithic concrete slab. These foundations have a footer with block foundations and a concrete slab. They are suited for certain types of soil but do require more work to build, which is something to consider when choosing between a monolithic or stem wall foundation.
Stem walls cost
- Average cost per square foot: $6
- Average cost for full slab foundations: $7,000 – $20,000
- 20years of Masonry Expertise
- 50+professional bricklayers
- 300+masonry and tuckpointing projects
Ready to start your masonry project?
Residential Concrete Foundations - Call Now, Foundation Experts
Crawl space foundation (pier and beam foundation)
Pier and beam foundations are also called crawl space foundations as they raise the house up above the ground, making them practical for keeping water out of the house in flood-prone areas. However, they are also more susceptible to water damage, making them a less popular choice these days. You are more likely to find crawl spaces in older homes.
They are constructed with concrete piers that go into the ground and beams that run between the piers, supporting the house.
Crawl space foundation cost
- Average cost per square foot: $13
- Average cost for full slab foundations: $10,300 – $19,400
Basement foundations come in two types, a full basement or a daylight basement foundation. Both require a lot of excavation as they are dug into the ground and create extra space under the house. A full basement will be completely underground while daylight or partial basement will be dug on a slope with one side underground and the other above ground.
Basement costs depend a lot on whether you are paying for a finished basement or an unfinished basement. They generally cost a lot more than other basement types as they require more excavation, materials, drainage, and waterproofing than other types of foundation. But if well made and finished they can increase the resale value of a house greatly.
Basement foundation cost
- Average cost per square foot: $33
- Average cost for full slab foundations: $26,800 – $50,300
Over 300 Projects in Chicago and Suburbs
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a 1000 square foot foundation cost?
A 1,000 square foot foundation costs range depends a lot on the type of foundation chosen. Here are some approximate costs based on the different foundation costs:
- Concrete slab — $5,000
- Stem wall — $6,000
- Crawl space — $13,000
- Basement — $33,000
How much does foundation installation cost per square foot?
Excluding the cost of materials, like concrete costs, the labor costs to install a new foundation typically range from around $3,000 to $16,000. This is likely to be about half of the total cost of your foundation, although that percentage will vary based on your location as labor costs vary much more by region than materials costs.
How much does a 40×60 concrete slab cost?
With the average cost of a slab-on-grade foundation coming in at $5, you should expect to pay around $12,000 for a 40×60 foot poured foundation. This will vary based on location and solid conditions.
How long will my concrete slab foundation last?
Your slab on grade foundation should last for up to 100 years if well constructed. It will require some maintenance, including waterproofing every 10 years and termite-proofing if termites are a problem in your area.
Best value concrete foundation cost in Chicago
If you need concrete foundations in Chicago, Illinois, speak to the experts at Masonry Chicago. With more than two decades of experience in building all types of concrete foundations, knowledge of the local building codes and building permits, and a thorough understanding of local geology they will build the best concrete foundations for your needs. With an eye for value, they will keep costs down without sacrificing quality. Get free estimates today by calling 773-231-5371 or emailing [email protected]
The Results of Our Masonry Works:
Building with a difference. Before and After: